Tuesday, November 23, 2010

I know, I'm such a blog-world failure.  I've left you in the dark, lonely and wondering about my running progress.

My training thus far has been great, excluding some minor set-backs like shin splints and a bad diet. 
I never dreamed my diet would affect my running so badly!  If I eat the wrong thing for dinner, I can count on a terrible run the following morning.  It has caused me to discipline myself.  That hasn't slowed me down on the white chocolate-covered toasted almonds (it IS the holiday season, for Pete's sake!) but it has repressed me from fattier foods, and especially foods with a higher sodium content.  Of course, this fabulous south-east Texas weather has NOTHING to do with how well I run...  Psht!!  Regardless, I've learned a lot about diet.  It really is a key factor.

Adding miles became much easier once I passed the two-mile mark. 
Who knew??  It's like my body decides, suddenly, to cooperate.  On mile three, my legs feel lighter, my breathing settles, and I feel like a runner...as opposed to some awkward-looking object hobbling along a trail with labored breathing.   

Thursday is a big day for me.
I am running a Turkey Trot.  Now, mind you, I have never in my existence centered my Thanksgiving Day focus on goals that aren't edible.  In fact, I once mused upon what a moron my cousin was for neglecting Thanksgiving dinner with the fam so he could run a marathon; you must imagine what an undertaking 6.2 miles is for me on Thanksgiving Day.  Nevertheless, my entry fees are paid and I have purposed to be there.  I've run as many as five miles at once, which makes me leery of my choice to run the 10K instead of the 5K, but I'm up for the challenge.  I make no claims of perfection; I am no Olympian.  I may have to walk part of the last mile Thursday, but I will not risk an injury in order to avoid looking wimpy.I will gain no bragging rights from this run, only accomplishment and possibly a little advertisement, so DO NOT expect me to post my time for you on Friday!
 

Please wish us luck on Thursday!  Thanks for the following...

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment